Come celebrate Earth Day with Volusia County!
The 27th Annual St. Johns River Clean Up will be held on
Saturday, April 22, 2023 from 8:00 am til 11:00 am.
Registration is open!
The 2022 cleanup involved 284 volunteers who picked up 3,655 pounds of trash.
The annual cleanup, coordinated by Volusia County’s Environmental Management Division, draws attention to the river’s environmental importance and helps to keep the waterway safe and clean for animals and people who enjoy swimming and water sports.
Suggested sites and registration:
- Nine Mile Point Park, at the West end of Nine Mile Point Road, Pierson (land)
Eventbrite Registration for Nine Mile Point Park
- Shell Harbor, 1800 Shell Harbor Road, Pierson (boats and land)
Eventbrite Registration for Shell Harbor
- Ed Stone Park, 2990 W. State Road 44, Deland (boats and land)
Eventbrite Registration for Ed Stone Park
- Lake Beresford Park, 2100 Fatio Road, Deland (boats and land)
Eventbrite Registration for Lake Beresford Park
- Blue Springs State Park, French Landing Boat Ramp, 2100 French Avenue, Orange City (boats and land)
Eventbrite Registration for French Avenue
- Lake Monroe Park, 975 S. U.S. 17-92, DeBary (boats and land)
Eventbrite Registration for Lake Monroe Park
- Lemon Bluff boat ramp, 907 Lemon Bluff Rd., Osteen (mainly boats, some land)
Eventbrite Registration for Lemon Bluff
- DeLeon Springs, 601 Ponce DeLeon Springs Blvd (boats and land)
Eventbrite Registration for DeLeon Springs
Here is a map of the 8 locations listed above [PDF]. These sites are not the only sites for collection. We need participation to occur all along the St. Johns River from Lake George to Puzzle Lake.