his information is evolving and will be updated as more info and events become available. Information has been provided by the city, county or by individual event pages. If you have any questions, please direct them to the organizers of the events.
**EVENT INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. VISITORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CHECK WITH EVENT ORGANIZERS DIRECTLY FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION.**
Follow the links below the events or see the featured flyers for more information.
Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with a things local, including positive community news and events!
Read the latest issue of East Coast Current HERE!
- New Year’s To Go Menu @ To Better Days Bistro
- Dec. 31 @ All Day: NYE Dining @ Fysh Bar and Grill
- Dec. 31 @ 7 AM – 8 PM: NYE Dining @ Sweet Marlays
- Dec. 31 @ 10 AM: Holiday Hunt @ Parsley Lane Farm
- Dec. 31 @ 11 AM: NYE @ Outriggers, NSB
- Dec. 31 @ 11 AM – 11 PM: NYE Dining @ Bonefish Grill
- Dec. 31 @ 7 PM: NYE @ Ocean Deck
- Dec. 31 @ 8 PM – 12 AM: Undercover Live @ Volusia Top Gun NYE Party
- Dec. 31 @ 8 PM – 1 AM: NYE Celebration @ First Turn Steakhouse
- Dec. 31 @ 5 PM – 2 AM: NYE Party @ Kelii Ocean Bar
- Dec. 31 @ 8 PM – 1 AM: Hard Rockers and High Rollers @ Hard Rock Hotel
- Dec. 31 @ 8 PM: Masquerade New Year @ Minglers
- Dec. 31 @ 8 PM: 2023 New Year’s Street Party w/ Full Circle
- Dec. 31 @ 8 PM: New Years’ Eve @ Streamline
- Dec. 31 @ 8 PM – 1 AM: All That Glitters New Year’s Eve At Rock Bottom
- Dec. 31 @ 8:30 PM – 12:30 AM: Studio 54 NYE Costume Party
- Dec. 31 @ 9 PM: NYE @ Beachside Tavern
- Dec. 31 @ 9 PM – 1 AM: Ring Ring Ring 2023 @ Dave and Busters
- Jan. 1 @ 8 AM: DeLeon Dunk Pool Plunge & First Day Hike
- Jan. 1 @ 9 AM – 3 PM: Blue Spring First Day Guided Hikes
- Jan. 1 @ 11 AM – 9 PM: NY Day Dining @ Bonefish Grill
- Jan. 2: One Day School Holiday Camp @ Marine Discovery Center
- Address: 140 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118
- Phone: (386) 947-7470
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Thursday
- Location: Streamline Hotel Sky Rooftop Bar
- Time: 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Price: Free
Come every Thursday with your PUP to our rooftop bar and enjoy 2-4-1 drink specials, free parking, 360 rooftop views of Daytona Beach, and bar snacks!
Dogs drink for free!
Possible Raffle from Daytona Dog Beach, Inc.!
All dogs must be vaccinated, leashed, and well-behaved.
There will be a potty pad for your 4 legged friends on the rooftop if they need to go to the restroom. We suggest that you let your fur baby go potty in the field next to the hotel before coming to the rooftop! All owners are responsible to clean up after their pets.
The DeLand Christmas Light Show
- Address: 1025 W. Minnesota Ave, DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: (386) 734-1991
- Presented By: Stetson Baptist Church
- Dates: December 4, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Stetson Baptist Church
- Time: 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM
- Price: Free
The DeLand Christmas Light Show show runs for approximately 30 minutes and repeats throughout the evening. This event is free, but if you want to support the Stetson Baptist ministry, you can text the keyword give to 386-400-9991 or go to http://www.stetson.church/give.
Watch from your car and listen over the radio on the station (TBA). You can bring a blanket, chairs, and a picnic dinner and enjoy the show in a dedicated area up close.
Gingerbread Fantasy Holiday Light Display
- Address: 43 West Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL 32176
- Phone: (386) 615-7673
- Presented By: Rose Villa Southern Table & Bar
- Dates: November 18, 2022 – January 5, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Rose Villa Southern Table & Bar
- Price: Free Holiday Light Display
This holiday season, Rose Villa Southern Table and Bar will transform into a Gingerbread Fantasy decorative light display that evokes classic storybook memories in exquisite style. From November 18, 2022, through January 5, 2023, visitors can stop to take a family photo or a fun selfie outside of in this historic setting in downtown Ormond Beach.
During Gingerbread Fantasy, the restaurant will be decorated with larger-than-life Gingerbread men, towering lollipops, unique topiary snowmen, the “dogs of Rose Villa,” stain glass windows reflecting gingerbread men, gold bells, candy canes and candied fruit, and of course hundreds of colorful lights reaching from the ground to the top of the two and a half story rooftop.
For an extra special holiday activity, Rose Villa will offer a hands-on experience building your own gingerbread house. This confection-based activity is offered daily from 10 a.m. – noon. Cost starts at $99 and reservations are required.
While everyone is encouraged to enjoy Gingerbread Fantasy for an outdoor photo opportunity, entry inside the restaurant is for diners only with reservations.
Asian Lantern Festival: Into the Wild
November 18, 2022 – January 15, 2023 @ Central FL Zoo
The Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens presents Asian Lantern Festival: Into the Wild for the third year from Nov. 18, 2022 to January 15, 2023 on select nights. The festival features more than 30 larger-than-life, hand-constructed lanterns lit by more than 10,000 LED lights. The result is a dazzling display of color, light and sound celebrating art, culture and beauty of traditional Asian lantern festivals.
The lanterns will be set up on a 3/4 -mile trek throughout the Zoo. Festival hours will be in the evening, and entry will require a separate ticket from normal Zoo admission. The festival takes place entirely outdoors and is rain or shine.
Tickets must be purchased in advance at www.centralfloridazoo.org/lanterns/.
Christmas Spectacular at Stetson Mansion
- Address: 1031 Camphor Lane, DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: (386) 873-0167
- Presented By: Stetson Mansion
- Dates: November 1, 2022 – January 21, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Stetson Mansion
- Price: Reservations required; self-guided tours, group bookings and guided tours available
Christmas Spectacular tours dates are Nov. 1, 2022 through Jan. 21, 2023. The best Christmas decorations in Florida according to USA Today. Ten themed rooms of elaborate designer decorations geared to adults. Decorations change each year.
Self-guided tours will be offered Nov. 1-15 and Jan. 9-21 (No Sundays these dates) 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 a.m. and Nov. 16-Jan. 7 (10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m., 5:30 p.m. (Except Sunday mornings)
Group bookings of 16 or more people get one free ticket for every 15 paid.
Reservations required. Free parking. Tickets go on sale Sept. 20.
Magic of Lights
- Address: 1801 West International Speedway Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Presented By: Daytona International Speedway
- Dates: November 18, 2022 – January 1, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Daytona International Speedway
- Time: 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Price: Standard Pricing Nov. 3 – Dec. 8: $20 in advance or $30 at the gate (Monday through Thursday), or $35 on weekends (Friday through Sunday). Advanced Pricing Prime Season Dec. 9 – Jan 1: $25 in advance or $35 at the gate, or $40 on weekends (Friday through Sunday).
Magic of Lights, the popular drive-through, family-friendly holiday twinkling lights extravaganza, returns to Daytona International Speedway. Back for its sixth year at the “World Center of Racing”, Magic of Lights will continue to bring a dazzling display of more than one million sparkling lights and magical scenes. New this year will feature the premiere of the Barbie TM holiday light display as well as Big Foot Monster Trucks and Prehistoric Christmas.
Magic of Lights includes familiar favorite holiday scenes and characters that warm the heart and create special family memories across the generations. Some of those favorite, festive traditional scenes returning include the Illuminating Mega Tree, which is 40 feet tall with dancing lights synchronized to your favorite holiday tunes, plus, a Tropical Christmas, Fairytale Scenes, Reindeer Crossing, 12 Days of Christmas and the notorious Enchanting Tunnel of Lights.
Each frame of each scene is designed using the Latest CAD Technology and hand built in-house from the Magic of Lights warehouse located in Medina, Ohio. The Magic of Lightsshow holds more than 10 miles of LED lighting installed inside the displays, in tress and on buildings throughout its course. There are 10 different colors of LED bulbs used.
Scenes are as high as 32 feet tall and as long as several hundred feet. The steel displays are designed, bent, cut and welded into about 800 frames that are combined in different configurations to create each show’s giant winter holiday scenes. Each Magic of Lightsshow used about 10 miles of steel to build the displays.
Countdown Jam on Flagler Avenue
December 26 @ 5:00 pm – December 31 @ 5:00 pm along Flagler Avenue, NSB
Countdown to 2022 with FREE LIVE MUSIC on Flagler Avenue!
NSB Grilled Cheese Challenge
December 27 @ 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm along Flagler Avenue, NSB
$15.00 per passport
Come down to the New Smyrna Beach Grilled Cheese Challenge on Flagler Avenue on WEDNESDAY, December 28th, 2022 from 1pm-5pm! Participants will be able to eat tasty samples of Grilled Cheeses at host locations on Flagler Avenue. During the event, tasters can vote for their favorite Grilled Cheese creations and the winning creators will receive the “Best at the Beach” awards. Participation costs $15 and is sure to be the most cheesy food event you’ve been to yet!
The NSB Grilled Cheese Challenge, guests use their tasting passports to visit the host sites and taste one sample of Grilled Cheese prepared in multiple different ways. Tasting passports are picked up at the corner of Cooper Street and Flagler Avenue on the day of the event. Passports will be for sale on the day of the event as well starting at 3:30 pm, however, we strongly suggest pre-ordering your passport at https://GRILLEDCHEESE2022.eventbrite.com
WE WILL SELL OUT!
Parking is plentiful throughout the Flagler Avenue arts-entertainment-shopping district on pocket parking lots, side streets, and lots behind many of the businesses.
New Year’s Eve Celebration on Flagler Avenue
December 31 @ 12:00 pm – 11:59 pm along Flagler Avenue
Ring in the New Year with friends and join the party for New Year’s Eve on Flagler Avenue!! Tons of options for delicious food, music, and drinks for you to say good-bye to 2022 and hello to 2023.
NOON Year’s Eve FUN at Daytona Lagoon!
Dec. 31 @ 12 – 4 PM at Daytona Lagoon, 601 Earl St, Daytona Beach
Ring in the Noon Year at Daytona Lagoon! On Saturday, December 31st celebrate New Year’s – family style! There will be a FREE Balloon Drop at 2pm along with prizes, food specials and a DJ. Plus, get an All-Day Play Pass for $29.99.
New Year’s Eve on Main Street
Dec. 31 from 6 PM – 2 AM along Main Street, Daytona Beach
The 16th Annual Politis & Matovina Law Firm New Year’s Eve on Main Street Party will take place on Main Street from A1A to Peninsula, starting at 6 PM on Saturday, December 31st. This section of Main Street will be closed to traffic and become pedestrian only.
Ring in the New Year on Main Street in Daytona Beach, the street is known as the “World’s Most Famous Party Street!” There is no admission charge and the celebration will feature 6 stages of entertainment, street performers, drink specials and lots of tasty food choices.
A spectacular New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Ceremony at midnight top off the celebration. The Ball Drop Ceremony will be held at the corner of Main Street & Wild Olive and the fireworks display will be visible from Main Street.
This event is free and open to the public and will have something for all ages!
Politis & Matovina Law Firm and the City of Daytona Beach are sponsors of the event.
Event is produced by The Main Street Merchants Association in partnership with Al Smith Productions
Flagler Avenue New Year’s Day Beach 5K – 2023
January 1, 2023 @ 9:00 am – 11:00 am
$25.00 per runner
Give yourself a running start to your 2023 resolutions at the Flagler Avenue New Year’s Day Beach 5K, Sunday, January 1st at 9am! This chip-timed race takes place on the beautiful hard-packed beaches of New Smyrna Beach and is a great way to kick off the New Year! During this chip-timed race you can run, walk, or jog along the beautiful hard-packed beaches of New Smyrna Beach! For $25, participants will receive a commemorative race t-shirt (while supplies last) and FREE “Flagler Tavern Bucks” for the after-party at Flagler Tavern. Registration starts at 8 am day of the race and the race time is 9am.
Register Now at New Year’s Day NSB 5k (runsignup.com)
Sunday, January 1st, 2023
Race Day Registration 8:00 a.m – Race – 9:00 a.m
LOCATION: Flagler Ave. Beach Approach, New Smyrna Beach, FL
5K – $25.00
Race Day $30.00
DAY OF REGISTRATION & PACKET PICK UP
Packet pickup will take place on race day at race site from 7:00 a.m. to 7:50am
DAY OF EVENT SCHEDULE
8am – Registration Opens
9am – Race Start
10:30am – Post Race Social and Awards Ceremony