The Volusia County Public Library System has partnered with Florida State Parks, the Florida Department of State, and Florida’s Division of Library Services to offer library patrons access to Florida State Parks through the Real Florida Reader Program.
Now through Sept. 12, 2022, VCPLS card holders may check out a Real Florida Reader day pass for free admission for up to eight people at more than 170 participating state parks.
Florida has 175 state parks that showcase our state’s natural and cultural resources. With the Real Florida Reader Pass, you can continue your learning adventure while enjoying time exploring new places. For an extra challenge, check out a book about Florida’s wildlife and natural resources, and see if you can identify any of the flora, fauna or habitats seen at the park.
Things to Know
Each library location will receive an allotted number of passes for checkout by library patrons.
- Good for one vehicle, up to eight people.
- Excludes Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife, Skyway Pier and Weeki Wachee Springs state parks.
- Does not include entry to federal parks, national forests or national wildlife refuges.
- For day use access only. Does not include camping or any other fees.
- Circulation of the passes may vary by library location. Please return the day pass to the same location.
- Pass is valid only through Sept. 12, 2022.
- Check with your local library for guidelines and policies for returning your pass. Passes will need to be checked out and returned at the same library location.
For more information about this program, please visit floridastateparks.org/RealFloridaReader or contact your local branch library. For information on other services the VCPLS offers, please visit VolusiaLibrary.org.