This information is evolving and will be updated as more info and events become available. Information has been provided by the city, county or by individual event pages. If you have any questions, please direct them to the organizers of the events.
**EVENT INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. VISITORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CHECK WITH EVENT ORGANIZERS DIRECTLY FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION.**
Follow the links below the events or see the featured flyers for more information.
Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with a things local, including positive community news and events!
Read the latest issue of East Coast Current here!
U-Pick Muscadine Grapes in DeLeon Springs
Friday – Sunday from 8 AM – 5 PM now through September 19 @ Spring Garden Vineyard
Muscadine grapes are a native grapevine species that can be found growing throughout the southeastern and south-central United States.
Out of Order – Live at The Little Theatre
September 2 – 12 @ The Little Theatre of New Smyrna Beach, 726 E. 3rd St, New Smyrna Beach
Follow the link below for showtimes and details.
Virtual Educational Programs at the Lyonia Envrionmental Center
Friday, September 3
Movies on the Halifax
8 PM @ Rockefeller Gardens, Ormond Beach
Join us at Rockefeller Gardens this September for our Movies on the Halifax! This is a FREE EVENT, just bring a chair or blanket!
RUNTIME: 1h 58m • (PG)
Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny on the plains of Africa. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother — and former heir to the throne — has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is soon ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. Now, with help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba must figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.
Follow this event on Facebook here.
Saturday, September 4
First Saturday Ormond Art Walk
Every first Saturday @ 5 – 8 PM along Granada Blvd. in downtown Ormond Beach
Find details by clicking the link below or click here.
Daytona Beach Bandshell Summer Concerts and Fireworks
In 2021, catch a live summer concert at the Bandshell every Saturday night from May 29 through September 25 starting at 7:15 p.m. followed by fireworks at 9:45 p.m. at the Daytona Beach Boardwalk and Pier. All seating is reserved and includes a chair. General Reserved tickets are $4 / VIP Reserved tickets are $10.
Find the schedule by following the link below or click here.
1st Saturday on Canal Street
Enjoy an Art Stroll and Gallery Walk, plus Canal Street’s newest event, the Sip and Stroll.
Follow the link below or click here for more details.
Rum Fest Pirate Street Party and Rum Crawl
6 PM – Midnight along Main Street, Daytona Beach
1 – 6 PM along Flagler Avenue, NSB
Come down and try our newest event, The New Smyrna Beach Sangria Social on Saturday, September 4th, from 1pm to 6pm along Flagler Avenue! Taste a variety of Sangrias at 10 host locations from the Ocean to the River! Each host will have a 1.5oz sample of red and white sangria, crafted in different ways for you to sample! Passports for the event are $25 and include a keepsake tasting glass, and map.
Tickets are limited and we recommend making your purchase in advance on Eventbrite at
https://nsbsangriasocial.eventbrite.com/. You must be age 21+ to purchase and participate.
Since we’ll be serving up plenty of Sangria, here some fun facts about this beloved drink!
- Sangria did not originate in Mexico, but in Spain and Portugal. It is believed that Sangria’s origins probably date back to the Middle Ages, during a time when water was unhealthy to drink and drinking fermented beverages carried a much lower risk of causing illness. (source: foodandwine.com)
- Sangria the drink emerged on the American culinary radar when it was served in New York at the Spanish World Area during the 1964 World’s Fair. (source: foodandwine.com)
- There are several different types of Sangria, not just red! It can be made with White, Rose, Sparkling, and desserts wines!
Now that you know a little more about your favorite drink, get your tickets for the New Smyrna Beach Sangria Social!
Edgewater Police Dept. Community BBQ
4 – 7 PM @ Whistle Stop Park, Edgewater
Chase the Chief @ the New Smyrna Beach First Responders Beach 5K
September 4 @ 8 – 10 am at
hink your fast??? Are you fast enough to chase NSB’s very own Chief Coffin? Then sign-up for the NSB Labor Day First Responders Beach 5K Run/Walk, on Saturday September 4th at 8am! This family friendly, chipped time race, will take place on the beach at the Flagler Avenue Boardwalk and gives runners, joggers and walkers the opportunity to compete on the beach for medals in 84 different categories!
We also will have a fun medal that you could win just by trying to “Chase the Chief!” Yes, the Chief of New Smyrna Beach Police Department, Chief Coffin, will be running in the race as well, and if you can beat his time then you receive your very own “I Beat the Chief” Medal!
Register yourself or your team for $25 per person and receive a COMMEMORATIVE race series shirt, along with a free beverage at the Post Race Party, hosted by the Flagler Tavern
You can register on-line until Friday, September 3rd till 5pm at
So come out and see if you can Beat Chief Coffin of NSBPD, Saturday September 4th at the Flagler Avenue Beach Approach, in New Smyrna Beach!
Monday, September 6
Battle of the Food Trucks
3 – 8 PM @ Brannon Center, 105 Riverside Drive, NSB
To arms, NSB! Keep your war spoon at the ready for culinary combat this Labor Day weekend as 23 of Central Florida’s best street food slingers clash at Battle of the Food Trucks outside the Brannon Center at 105 S. Riverside Dr. on Monday, Sept. 6 from 3-8 p.m.
Draw up your plan of attack from this list of participating vendors:
- A No Roots Kitchen, tacos & street corn
- Alaskan Ice, 20 shaved ice flavors
- Bowls for Tú, authentic & modern rice bowls
- Bbqbrazilexpress, steak & skewers
- Carte Blanche Mobile Cuisine, global comfort food
- Chikiz Empanaditas Gourmet, Columbian street food
- Coastal donuts, hot mini donuts made fresh to order
- Cosmos Ice Cream, liquid nitrogen crafted ice cream
- El Cubanito Subs, Cuban & Latin cuisine
- Jersey Family Grill, home of the fat sandwiches
- Jour de Crepe, sweet & savory crepes
- Lee’s Famous Cheesesteaks, cheesesteaks & wings
- MOLO’s MIAMI GRILL, Floribbean cuisine
- Notorious Pig, BBQ & tacos
- OH MY DOGS, hot dogs, sandwiches & fries
- One Way Coffee, hot & iced Italian coffee
- Pasta & Grill, homemade pasta
- SiamO-Cha Thaicuisine, Thai cuisine
- The Big Cheese, gourmet grilled cheese
- The Hook orlando, flame-grilled burgers
- The Wandering Goat, small batch artisan bakery
- Willy Ts Crab Shack, Maryland crab cakes
- Woodson’s Wrap Shack, wraps & fries
Would you like to know more? Please contact Leisure Services at (386) 410-2890.
Tuesday, September 7
After Labor Day Beach Cleanup
8:30 – 10:30 AM @ Tom Renick Park, Ormond Beach
Help clean the beach after Labor Day weekend and learn about the impacts of trash on sea turtles and other wildlife. Environmental specialists will share information about washback sea turtles and explain what to do if you find one. Meet at Tom Renick Park, 1565 Ocean Shore Blvd., Ormond Beach.
Volusia County’s Environmental Management Division sponsors Explore Volusia to acquaint residents with the county’s conservation lands and land management practices.
For more information, call 386-736-5927.