Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-244 on Friday, September 25, 2020, and transitioned the State to Phase 3 of the COVID-19 reopening process. Effective upon issuance, the new Executive Order:
- Removes state-level restrictions on businesses, such as restaurants.
- Provides that no COVID-19 emergency ordinance may prevent an individual from working or operating a business.
- Provides that restaurants may not be limited by a COVID-19 emergency order by any local government to less than 50% of their indoor capacity.
- States that, if a restaurant is limited to less than 100% of its indoor capacity, such COVID-19 emergency order must satisfy the following:
- Quantify the economic impact of each limitation or requirements on those restaurants
- Explain why each limitation or requirement is necessary for public health.
- Suspends all outstanding fines and penalties, and the collection of such moving forward, applied against individuals related to COVID-19.
Executive Order 20-244 supersedes and eliminates all restrictions of Executive Orders 20-112, 20-123 and 20-139, 20-192, 20-214, and 20-223, except as modified per the State.
Visit online to review Executive Order 20-244.