The Seventh Judicial Circuit Court, which includes Flagler, Putnam, St. Johns and Volusia Counties, have been selected as one of five sites to participate in the Florida Supreme Court’s Remote Civil Jury Trial Pilot Project.
Toward that end, Judges Kathryn Weston and Terence Perkins are now in the process of selecting a few civil jury cases in Volusia and Flagler counties that, at a minimum, meet all of the following six criteria:
1. Available to be tried in August or September;
2. Only two parties;
3. Both parties consent to participate in the pilot project and waive any appellate issue as to the manner in which the case was tried;
4. Jury selection can be completed in two hours or less for each party (juror questionnaires may also be utilized);
5. The evidentiary portion of the trial can be completed in two days or less; and
6. Counsel agree to provide post-trial feedback concerning the pilot program.
Potential advantages include, but are not limited to, timely resolution of the case and elimination of travel-related expenses.
If you have a case pending in Divisions 02 (Weston) or 49 (Perkins) that meets all criteria and you would like it to be considered for inclusion in the project, please send an e-mail expressing your interest to: Volusia County (Division 02) – send e-mail to JAnderson@Circuit7.org; Flagler County (Division 49) – send e-mail to SPrice@Circuit7.org