***Testing information is continuously changing and evolving. Please contact your healthcare provider or facility when possible to confirm information regarding testing.***
Pop up locations also become available for 2 – 3 days at a time when available throughout the county. Check Facebook often for temporary locations available.
CDC guidance regarding testing
According to the CDC, not everyone needs to be tested for COVID-19. Here is some information that might help in making decisions about seeking care or testing.
- Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home.
- There is no treatment specifically approved for this virus.
- Testing results may be helpful to inform decision-making about who you come in contact with.
CDC has guidance for who should be tested, but decisions about testing are at the discretion of state and local health departments and/or individual clinicians.
Testing locations in Volusia County
Testing may be available at local hospitals, urgent care facilities and physician offices. However, facilities are following CDC guidelines regarding who should be tested. If you are sick and exhibiting symptoms, stay home and contact your primary care physician or urgent care. Drive-up/walk-up testing is also available throughout the county.
Health Care Facilities
For those who meet criteria, testing is available at the following locations:
- All three Halifax Health locations, as well as Halifax Health Urgent Care in Ormond Beach.
- AdventHealth CentraCare facilities.
- Beginning May 1, Jena Medical Group in Orange City is offering a rapid finger prick test, which test antiobdies to see if someone has the virus, has had the virus or has not contracted the virus. To make an appointment, which is required, call 386-774-1881. All major insurances are accepted, and those without insurance will be charged $51.
- CVS Health is offering self-swab tests to individuals meeting CDC criteria. Testing must be scheduled online, and will take place through the pharmacy drive-thru window at the following locations:
- CVS Pharmacy, 101 South Ridgewood Avenue, Daytona Beach 32114
- CVS Pharmacy, 250 East Granada Blvd, Ormond Beach 32176
- CVS Pharmacy, 901 North Woodland Blvd, DeLand 32720
- CVS Pharmacy, 2187 Howland Blvd, Deltona 32738
- The state is offering a COVID-19 “pop up” test site at Publix, 2100 Saxon Blvd., Deltona. The site will administer 100 tests per day.
- The Deland Wellness Center is offering antibody testing at 122 S. Amelia Ave., DeLand. To learn more, visit https://www.delandwellnesscenter.com/covid-19-test.
- Family Health Source is accepting appointments for free COVID testing at the site below. Call the Family Health Source direct COVID-19/Tele- visit call line at 386-327-6045 to schedule an appointment. Please bring a valid ID. All ages are welcome, including children.
- DeLand – Ongoing at Family Health Source, 1205 S Woodland Blvd.
Antibody Testing FAQ
View the antibody testing information document provided by the Florida Department of Health.