Children can laugh and play this summer at 13 day camps operated by Volusia County’s Parks, Recreation and Culture Division.
The camps will be offered from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 8 through July 31.
“We are trying to serve as many Volusia County families as possible while adhering to CDC guidelines for capacity and social distancing,” said Parks, Recreation and Culture Director Tim Baylie. “We realize this will be a difficult process this summer because camp space will be very limited.”
Staff will lead supervised activities, indoor and outdoor games, and arts and crafts, and a talent show for children ages 5 to 12. Five-year-olds must have completed kindergarten.
East Volusia sites include:
- Turie T. Small Elementary School, 800 South St., Daytona Beach
- RJ Longstreet Elementary School, 2745 S. Peninsula Drive, Daytona Beach
- Holly Hill School, 1500 Center Ave.
- Mary DeWees Park, 178 N. Gaines St., Oak Hill
- Edgewater Public School, 801 S. Old County Road
- Coronado Elementary School, 3550 Michigan Ave., New Smyrna Beach
West Volusia sites include:
- Gemini Springs Park, 37 Dirksen Drive, DeBary
- DeBary Hall Historic Site, 198 Sunrise Blvd.
- Orange City Elementary School, 555 E. University Ave.
- Chisholm Community Center, 520 S. Clara Ave., DeLand
- Boy Scout Hut, 716 N. Frankfort Ave., DeLand
- DeLand High School City Gym, 800 N. Hill Ave.
- Taylor T. Dewitt Middle-High School, 100 E. Washington Ave., Pierson
Registration and Cost of Camps
Registration will be held online on June 3 from 9 a.m. until each site has reached capacity. Parents can submit their registration request to email@example.com. The email request must include the full names of the parents and children, complete home address, home and cell phone numbers, email address, and the desired camp location. Registration requests that are not accepted initially will be added to a wait list.
The cost is $65 per week plus a one-time $15 registration fee. Additional registration information is available at volusia.org/recreation.
Summer Camp Scholarship Program
Summer camp scholarships are available to income-eligible children through Volusia County’s Community Assistance Division.
Families with children who are entering grades 1-6 and are between the ages of 5 and 12 may apply for scholarships. Students up to 17 years old who will be attending approved special needs camps are also eligible.
Scholarship awards are based on income-eligibility and will be awarded according to funding availability.
Summer camp scholarship applications are being accepted electronically and by mail until 5 p.m. July 31. Scholarship applications should be submitted along with copies of the child’s most recent report card, proof of household size and proof of income for all household members for the last 30 days.
To submit an electronic application, visit https://vcservices.vcgov.org/secureupload/d/summercamp. Applications may also be submitted by mail to the Community Assistance Division at 110 W. Rich Ave., DeLand, FL 32720.
Faxed applications will not be accepted. Eligible applicants may be placed on a waiting list until an opening becomes available.
For more information, contact Edina Toth at 386-736-5955, ext. 12908.