Marine Discovery Center Reopens to the Public on May 18
Due to COVID 19, Marine Discovery Center (MDC) has taken precautionary steps to ensure the safety of our guests, staff and volunteers. These steps include the following:
- Limiting tours to 10 guests
- Increased sanitation of all high touch areas (boat, kayaks, outdoor seating areas, and indoor facilities
- Temperature checks for staff
- Face Masks: All guests are required to bring face masks. MDC currently does not have any masks for purchase in the gift shop but are planning to have some in stock in the near future. The need to wear face masks is outlined below…
- Outdoors: All guests and MDC staff/volunteers will wear face masks when social distancing of less than 6-feet is unavoidable. The need to wear a face mask will be minimal when outdoors and will be at the discretion of MDC staff.
- Indoors: All guests and MDC staff/volunteers are required to wear face masks when in common areas such as restrooms, gift shop, lobby and exhibit space.
During the month of May MDC will be operating on a weekday-only schedule from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Boat and Kayak Tours
During the month of May, MDC will offer 1-Hour Dolphin Discovery Boat Tours weekdays at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. MDC also will offer 1-Hour Guided Kayak Tours Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:00 a.m. These tours need to be booked and paid for in advance either online or by calling the office during office hours at (386) 428-4828
Summer Adventure Camps
MDC will be offering their hands-on, feet-wet Summer Adventure Camps at limited capacity and with extra precautions to keep the camp environment safe and healthy for campers, staff and volunteers.