At their May 12 regular (virtual) meeting, the New Smyrna Beach City Commission approved another round of preventative measures in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
NSB City Commission approves reopening Farmers Market, postpones 4th of July fireworks
- The New Smyrna Beach Farmers Market in front of City Hall at 210 Sams Ave., excluding food trucks, may reopen Saturday, May 23 under CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Playgrounds and public restrooms remain closed through May 31.
- Special events permitted on public property remain canceled through May 31.
- Public meetings, except for City Commission and Charter Review Committee meetings, remain canceled through May 31.
- 4th of July fireworks are postponed until further notice, with Labor Day floated as a potential alternate celebration date.
New Smyrna Beach Special event & public meeting cancelations extended through May 31
Also discussed during the meeting was boat ramp parking capacity, with City Manager Khalid Resheidat announcing his intent to explore the possibility of raising illegal parking fines, establishing towing zones, and adding additional parking ambassadors during weekends and holidays.
Video replay of this meeting is available now on the City of New Smyrna Beach’s official YouTube channel or below.