Our thus far mild winter is creating the perfect weather to get outdoors and play! Volusia County has no shortage of parks and playgrounds, but here are the top five awesome spots that local parents and caregivers rely on to expend their kids’ energy!
Each place featured below was voted as the BEST by ECC Facebook Fans. Be sure to “Like” our page to participate next month.
1. MAGIC FOREST PLAYGROUND (RAINBOW PARK)
(386) 676-3252 (Nova Community Center)
Amenities: Located on 60.2-acre park with baseball fields, basketball courts, restrooms, picnic area, skate park and walking path.
Mon – Sun: 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
2. ALL CHILDREN’S PARK (SPRUCE CREEK ROAD PARK)
(386) 506-5851 (Port Orange Parks & Rec)
Amenities: Park offering a large playground with pirate-themed equipment, a small splash pad, picnic pavilions, restrooms and boardwalk.
Mon – Sun: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
3. FREEDOM PLAYGROUND (BILL DREGGORS PARK)
(386) 626-7280 (DeLand Parks and Rec)
Amenities: Park known for its creative & elaborate wooden play structures, plus picnic areas & many oak trees.
Mon – Sun: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
4. REED CANAL PARK
(386) 322-3070 (Piggotte Community Center)
Amenities: Nature park offering wooded trails & a lake as well as multipurpose athletic fields & a playground.
Mon – Sun: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
5. LIMITLESS PARK (ORMOND BEACH SPORTS COMPLEX)
(386) 676-3280 (City of Ormond Beach)
Amenities: A large competitive center with family features including a walking and bike path, playground, picnic area and pavilion.
Mon – Sun: Varies dependent upon activities scheduled in park.
For more local favorites, visit the lists below: