People always ask me, “What do you do in Kentucky?” Well…there’s no ocean to ride waves, but there are endless amounts of land to rip!
I love cruising around on my four wheeler whether it’s riding through the rocky trails, through the mud puddles or through the creek. Having the wind blow in my hair as everything blasts by is just the best feeling.
When I’m driving the four wheeler it gives me this rush of adrenaline. I feel strong, like I’m capable of doing anything! This same feeling occurs when I catch a good wave at the inlet!
There’s only one rule when we are riding the four wheelers – safety first! Always wear a helmet. If you crash without a helmet, it can really hurt you. Safety glasses are always good to wear, too!
Riding any machine or vehicle is always fun, but like my dad always says, “You have to learn to respect it.” You can get seriously hurt on any machine so you just have to pay attention and be careful!
Keep in mind, no matter where you are – make the most of it. I might not be able to hang 10 in the white water, but I can shred four wheels in the bluegrass!
Shakka Shakka Brahda!
~ Marley Scott
Read more from East Coast Current’s youngest columnist here!
- Right Coast Wahine: Art
- Right Coast Wahine: Skateboarding
- Right Coast Wahine: Mixed Martial Arts
- Right Coast Wahine: Evacuation Vacation
- Right Coast Wahine: Summer Travels
- Right Coast Wahine: Wakeskating
- Right Coast Wahine: Horseback Riding
- Right Coast Wahine: Acting
- Right Coast Wahine: Boating
- Right Coast Wahine: Snowboarding
- Right Coast Wahine: The Joy of Music
- Right Coast Wahine: Happy New Year!
- Right Coast Wahine: Back to School