Registration is open for the 2019 St. Johns River Cleanup!
Volunteers are needed for the St. Johns River Cleanup, which will take place from 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 13, 2019.
Boaters, scouts, civic organizations, environmental groups, businesses and individual volunteers are encouraged to join in the effort to remove trash and debris from the St. Johns River.
Participants should bring water and wear sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, work gloves and comfortable clothing. They may also bring rakes, shovels, trash grabbers, and canoes or boats.
Volunteers can choose from nine starting points:
- Lake George/Ninemile Point Park – West end of Ninemile Point Road, Pierson [Walkers, kayaks, canoes only]
- DeLeon Springs State Park – 601 Burts Park Road, DeLeon Springs [Walkers and boats]
- Ed Stone Park – 2990 W. State Road 44, DeLand [Walkers and boats]
- Lake Beresford Park – 2100 Fatio Road, DeLand [Walkers only]
- French Avenue boat launch/Starks Landing – Where French Avenue meets the St. Johns River, Orange City [Walkers and boats]
- Lake Monroe Park – 975 S. U.S. 17-92, DeBary [Walkers and boats]
- Lemon Bluff boat ramp – 907 Lemon Bluff Road, Osteen [Walkers and boats]
- C.S. Lee Park – 4600 East S.R. 46, Geneva (Seminole County) [Walkers and boats] CLOSED
- Stone Island boat ramp – 556 Stone Island Road, Enterprise [Walkers and boats]
The annual cleanup, coordinated by Volusia County’s Environmental Management Division, draws attention to the river’s environmental importance and helps to keep the waterway safe and clean for animals and people who enjoy swimming and water sports. To view a map of the 9 locations please click here. To register you or your group click here.
For more information call Joan Coil at 386-736-5927, ext. 12729 or Denise Colflesh at ext. 15897.