Find More at TheCrumbyKitchen.com
This quick and easy cocktail is the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day all month long, wether you’re Irish or not!
Ingredients for Irish Coffee:
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup strong hot coffee or espresso
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey (1.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream, optional
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, lightly whipped
- Chocolate flakes or ground nutmeg, for garnish
How to Make Irish Coffee:
Fill an Irish coffee glass or mug with hot water and allow to warm for 2-3 minutes, then discard the water.
Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream until it begins to thicken to soft peaks. Add the brown sugar to the empty glass or mug.
Pour in the coffee until the mug is 3/4 full, stirring until dissolved. Add the whiskey and stir well to incorporate. Stir in Irish cream now, if using.
Pour the lightly whipped cream over the back of a warmed spoon so it floats on top of the drink.
Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles or a bit of nutmeg, if desired.