Summer camp scholarships are available to income-eligible children through Volusia County’s Community Assistance Division.
Families with children who are entering grades 1-6 and are between the ages of 5 and 12 may apply for scholarships. Students up to 17 years old who will be attending approved special needs camps are also are eligible.
Scholarship awards are based on income-eligibility and will be awarded according to funding availability.
Applications will be available beginning Friday, March 15, at:
- All Volusia County public library branches
- Approved camp sites
- Human Services offices at 123 W. Indiana Ave., Room 101, DeLand; 107 E. Canal St., New Smyrna Beach; and 775 Harley Strickland Blvd., Orange City
They also will be posted online here.
Completed applications will be accepted at these times and locations:
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, at the New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, April 4, at the Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave.
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, at the Midtown Cultural and Education Center, 925 George W. Engram Blvd., Daytona Beach
- 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, in the first-floor training room of the Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center, 123 W. Indiana Ave., DeLand
Before April 18, applications will only be accepted in person at the four locations listed above. They will not be accepted by mail or in person at any other locations. After April 17, applications may be submitted in person or by mail to Volusia County Community Assistance, 110 W. Rich Ave., DeLand, FL 32720.
Faxed applications will not be accepted. Eligible applicants will be placed on a waiting list until an opening becomes available.
For more information, contact Jill Marcum at (386) 736-5955.