Port Orange Offers Kids’ Nature Program
The Rec Rangers program is a free nature program for upper elementary and middle school students (9-14 years old) with the mission of fostering young adult connectivity to nature and encouraging participation and stewardship of the parks and recreation opportunities and resources within their community.
Activities are held on the first Wednesday of each month (except the July activity, which will be on the 2nd Wednesday). The times and locations will vary based on the time of year and planned activity.
Program participants must pre-register for each activity.
- Wed Jan 8th: Larry Haines Park, Pocket Parks, 4pm-5:30pm REGISTER HERE
- Wed Feb 5th: All Children’s Park, The Great Backyard Bird Count, 5pm-6:30pm (not an early release day)
How to register for an activity:
- Online at www.port-orange.org/registration
- In person at the new Dorothy L. Hukill City Center Annex located at 1395 Dunlawton Ave., Port Orange
Other Information you should know:
- Registration for the next activity will open the day after the last activity is completed.
- Registration is limited and is first come, first serve.
- Parents, legal guardians, or anyone 18 years or older cannot participate in any activities unless they are registered as a volunteer with the Parks and Recreation department and they have the permission of the program coordinator.
- These activities will be held outdoors, so participants need to dress accordingly, bring a refillable water bottle, and wear sunscreen and insect repellent.
Please contact Shannon Bungart, Rec Ranger Program Coordinator