Canaveral National Seashore Changes Entrance Fees

Entrance Fees Increase at Canaveral National Seashore

The National Park Service (NPS) announced Canaveral National Seashore will modify its entrance fees to provide additional funding for infrastructure and maintenance needs to enhance the visitor experience. Effective January 1, 2019 the entrance fees to the park will be $15 per vehicle or $10 per motorcycle and $5 per pedestrian/bicycle for a 7-day visit. An annual park pass will remain $40.

Where does the money go?

All of the money received from entrance fees remains with the National Park Service with at least 80 percent of the revenue going to Canaveral National Seashore. Revenue from entrance fees remains in the National Park Service and helps ensure a quality experience for all who visit. They share the other 20 percent of entry fee income with other national parks for their projects.

In response to public comments on a fee proposal released in October 2017, there will be a modest increase for all entrance fee-charging parks, rather than the higher peak-season fees initially proposed only for 17 highly-visited national parks.

Find out more at:

national park service logo over mountain background

One thought on “Canaveral National Seashore Changes Entrance Fees

  1. Does my lifetime senior national parks and federal recreational land pass qualify for free admission to cape Canaveral national sea shore

Leave a Reply