Volusia County Sheriff’s Office to Participate in Drug Take Back Day
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office is joining law enforcement agencies across the country in the Drug Enforcement Administration’s National Prescription Drug Take Back Day this Saturday, Oct. 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Take Back Day addresses a crucial public safety and public health issue. According to the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 6.2 million Americans misused controlled prescription drugs. The study shows that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet.
Saturday’s event provides an opportunity for Volusia County residents to help prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths by dropping off their unused and unwanted prescription medications for disposal.
We’ll have drop-off locations at our district headquarters listed below:
- District 2: 1706 S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand
- District 3-North: 1435 U.S. Highway 1, Suite D-3, Ormond Beach
- District 3-South: 101 E. Canal St., New Smyrna Beach
- District 4: 1691 Providence Blvd., Deltona
- District 6: 79 S. Charles R. Beall Blvd., DeBary
For more information on Take Back Day, visit takebackday.dea.gov.