Ponce Inlet Town Council Meeting
Ponce Inlet is and will be a residential haven for those persons who value nature, quiet, privacy. It offers a small town lifestyle where people feel safe and should have easy access to small scale businesses serving their needs. The community will continue to be particularly distinguished by its natural beauty and its access to nature. It has ensured that its built environment is of high quality and appropriate scale while protecting historic features. The community will be recognized for the professionalism and integrity of its government and the high level of citizen involvement and participation in the life of the community.
**Please note the time change for this meeting only to 1:00 PM.
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
3. ROLL CALL.
4. ADDITIONS, CORRECTIONS, OR DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA.
5. PRESENTATIONS, PROCLAMATIONS, AND AWARDS.
A. Proclamation recognizing Teacher Appreciation Week – May 7-13, 2017.
B. Proclamation recognizing Public Works Week – May 21-27, 2017.
6. CONSENT AGENDA – Items on the consent agenda are defined as routine in nature that do not warrant detailed discussion or individual action by the Council; therefore, all items remaining on the consent agenda shall be approved and adopted by a single motion, second and vote by the Town Council. Items on the consent agenda are not subject to discussion. Any member of the Town Council may remove any item from the consent agenda simply by verbal request at the Town Council meeting. Removing an item from the consent agenda does not require a motion, second or a vote; it would simply be a unilateral request of an individual Council member and this item would then be added as the last item under New Business. As with all agenda items, the public will have the opportunity to comment prior to a motion being placed on the floor and their comment(s) may persuade Council to remove the item from the Consent Agenda and place under New Business for discussion.
A. Approval of the Town Council regular meeting minutes – March 16, 2017.
B. Approval of the Town Council special meeting minutes – April 3, 2017.
C. Approval of payment of legal bill in the amount of $5,870 ($0 of which is related to the Pacetta Lawsuit) – dated April 4, 2017.
D. Authorization to contract with Don Bell Signs for the replacement of the 4 directional signs throughout town. One sign had to be removed in accordance with the development agreement with Inlet Harbor and others have fallen apart due to age. All of these directional signs were non-conforming so an entirely new style of sign was designed. These signs meet the requirements of the Town Code. While $5,000 was budgeted for one sign replacement this year, staff requests approval to replace all 4 at once for a cost of $16,263, which will require a budget amendment for the difference if approved.
7. OLD/NEW BUSINESS ITEMS PREFERRED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING:
A. Presentations in response to the Town’s request for qualifications from Marine Engineering Firms; and then Council’s consideration of awarding a contract to provide services.
1. Calvin, Giordano & Associates, Inc.
2. Dredging & Marine Consultants
3. Taylor Engineering, Inc.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS / QUASI-JUDICIAL MATTERS: None.
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS / NON-QUASI-JUDICIAL MATTERS:
10. CITIZENS’ PARTICIPATION (Citizens’ comments are limited to 5 minutes in duration and must pertain to a topic related to Town business not listed on the agenda.).
11. ORDINANCES (FIRST READING) AND RESOLUTIONS:
A. First reading of Ordinance 2017-06, amending the Town Code to establish local regulations regarding the operation of unmanned aircraft systems, commonly referred to as drones.
C. Resolution 2017-03, requesting the Council of Volusia delay any further efforts toward expansion of the Marine Science Center until they conduct public meetings / planning
charrettes – requested by Councilmember Paritsky.
12. OLD BUSINESS: None.
13. NEW BUSINESS: None.
14. FROM THE TOWN COUNCIL:
A. Councilmember Paritsky, Seat #5
B. Councilmember Perrone, Seat #4
C. Vice-Mayor Hoss, Seat #3
D. Councilmember Milano, Seat #2
E. Mayor Smith, Seat #1
15. FROM THE TOWN MANAGER.
16. FROM THE TOWN ATTORNEY.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
• Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. – Regular Council Meeting
If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Town Council with respect to any matter considered at a meeting or hearing, he/she will need a record of the proceedings and that for such purpose, he/she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. Persons who require an accommodation in order to attend this meeting should contact the Ponce Inlet Town Hall at 236-2150 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting in order to request such assistance.
A complete copy of the materials for this agenda is available at Town Hall.